Friday, January 8, 2010

Ice......Ice ...Baby......

Spaghetti Junction....sometimes....I take that route.

So glad.......I did not take it this morning.   Of all the roads for the D.O.T. to miss....this one was unforgivable.   

This is "spaghetti junction"......a maze of highway crossroads.....above the ground.    Of course,  these roads would be the first to freeze over......and the D.O.T.......forgets....or simply miss......salting it down?

My.....my.....

A mere 27 car pile-up ensues....

Only in ........Atlanta.

From Fox 5:

27-Vehicle Wreck Blocks I-285 Ramp

Updated: Friday, 08 Jan 2010, 4:58 PM EST

ATLANTA, Ga. (MyFOX Atlanta) - The Georgia Department of Transportation says a multi-vehicle wreck blocked a ramp at Interstate 285 and Interstate 85 for several hours early Friday morning.
Officials said 27 vehicles were be involved in the pile-up shortly before 5 a.m.
The accident occurred on the I-285 West ramp leading to I-85 North.
Officials urged drivers to seek alternate routes.
Icy road conditions were a factor in the pile-up, said officials. GDOT is investigating claims that its crews may have missed putting its salt mixture on the ramp where the accident happened.
Three motorists were transported to hospitals.
The ramp was reopened shortly before 8 a.m

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd like to hear your thoughts............