Friday, February 20, 2009

Welcome Back........Sir Charles


From the set of TNT's NBA studio show last night:

"Let me start by saying something," Barkley said as TNT came on the air before the San Antonio at Detroit game.

"Clearly everybody knows I got a DUI. That's unacceptable, 100% my fault," he said. " . . . I screwed up, I made a mistake, I'm sorry, I apologize."

"Never get behind the wheel when I've been drinking," Barkley said to anchor Ernie Johnson who asked what lessons Barkley may have learned from his DUI episode in December that caused Barkley to be arrested.

"First of all, every person who's drunk thinks it's OK to drive . . . but, seriously, if you have a drink, seriously think about it. If I've had a glass of wine or a beer, that's different. But if I had something to drink, I'll seriously think and not get behind the wheel."

He also thanked TNT management, kind of. "As far as the bigwigs at TNT, I never trusted them 110%," Barkley said. "I've been here eight years and we don't spend a lot of time together . . . but I want to tell them it meant a great deal for them to stick by me through my screw-up."

That........was that....

Our guy, Charles Barkley. No passing the blame.......no throwing others under the bus. Coming clean. Admitting.....he screwed up.

How refreshing.

In a time where pro athletes and celebrities are quick to place the blame elsewhere.......Charles proved he can indeed be a positive role model......and a decent human being. No lies........no theatrics ...........just the truth.

Good to have you back, Sir Charles..........

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd like to hear your thoughts............