Friday, November 21, 2014

Spare the Rod?

This Adrian Peterson thing has gone way too far.  How can another man or woman ...tell another...how to discipline his own children?

To "whip"?  Or not "whip"?

Me?  I never had to spank...beat... or whip my daughter.  A stern look...was sufficient.  A talking to.

But not all children ...are the same.  My late stepson...Sam...was very much indifferent to a talking to.  The only thing he responded to...and understood was a swift blow to the chest. It got his attention.

I can remember growing up...I got a whipping or two...with an extension cord.  Hell,  back in the day...I remember all my Kindergarten teachers and 1st and 2nd grade teachers...having their "straps" and "paddles".

I think I turned out okay.   My siblings turn out okay.   No mass murderers...none of us in prison.

But back then there was no YouTube...no social media.  

But today....Is today.   A different world.  Watch what you do...for the whole world is watching.

I feel for Mr. Peterson.   He did to his son...what was done to him.  He was brought up where "whipping"...via...switches...was common.

Don't make it right.

Still...Is it right to take away a man's career?  Make it where he can't earn a living in his profession?

Cuz we disagree with his child rearing?

Spare the rod?

Adrian Peterson: 'I Won't Ever Use A Switch Again'

Adrian Peterson Vikings

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd like to hear your thoughts............