Friday, March 13, 2009

Thoughts.....on a Friday....


I had ........

An emergency meeting this afternoon.....with my company.....at 6pm....in Atlanta, Georgia.

Was the company closing our office? Was I being fired? Was there to be a realignment?

No.......to all of the above.

Just .....a meeting.

Whew! And.........mind you........this is Friday the 13th..........

But driving down to Atlanta..........driving in the fast lane........every car I passed.......the driver was on a cell phone.............And I'm thinking, "Who is.... he or she........talking to.......and what's so damned important about their conversation."

The meeting lasted one hour and thirty minutes..........We all still have jobs. We were told that the standards are constantly being raised........so..........don't get complacent....

Still........I'm thinking about all those vehicles..........with the drivers on cell phones........and I thank my lucky stars every time I make it back home.

Well.....at least I didn't see anybody texting...........



No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd like to hear your thoughts............