Monday, May 19, 2008

Things we Learned .......from the ....Weekend


I'm not as young.......as as used to be........or I think I am........

So......Saturday seemed like a perfect day in this southern college town......Clear skies........Temperatures in the mid 80's.......Low humidity..... Perfect to work the property. Mow the lawns, trim the hedges, and put the weed eater to work.


So I did it all. I mowed this acre of lawn...........I raked.......I trimmed the hedges....I took the weed eater to the unwanted weeds. I did it all. Mind you.........it was with a riding mower......but I still used a Sears self-propelled to get between the oak and pine trees.


I even took the old hoe to unearth that most hated weed of all........the southern crab grass. It w
as awesome.......and it looked damn good too.


Fast forward to around 6 pm Saturday..........My chest was congested..........my nose was running...... had to breath though my mouth.......my throat hurt..........the muscles in my arms were sore........My breath was short ( as in an almost asthma attack)............I had this severe sinus headache...........But ........the yard looked good.........


So I did what most Americans do..........take that sinus pill.....which meant I could not partake in the consumption of any type of alcoholic beverage.....even on a Saturday night....they just don't mix...........so.......I just..........I just..........dozed.......and slept.....and dozed........but .......the yard sure did look good.


People........we may be watching history here........and now!


I did stay awake long enough to see this horse, Big Brown , win another race. We may be the witness to the first triple crown winner.....in 30 years. This is a ........bigggggg horse!


Big Brown won the Preakness going away.........bringing back memories of Secretariat and Affirmed . Gifted race horses who won that elusive crown.






The Boston Celtics are glad they have ..........home court advantage........


O
k...........it's happened yet again...........the home team wins.........But this was not your ordinary game.......this was a game 7. The Cleveland Cavaliers were the opponent. With LeBron James no less. Still, the Celtics found a way to find a happy ending ..........at home. I just ..........still..........don't get it.......Same ball...........same court dimensions........why can't these guys play the same on the road?




Random thoughts...........I think........I think....

T
he Atlanta Braves........are not as bad as I once thought they were.......earlier in the season.

The Chicago Cubs maybe the best team in baseball........

Will there be a real blockbuster movie this summer? Indiana Jones?.......be ........real.

Will there be anyone........that will challenge..........ESPN? Talk about your everyday monopoly!!!!!!!

I have been taken to task........but ..........I still cannot get into ..........a female.....broadcasting NBA play-off games........on national TV.

Finally...........

A
dvice...........to those of you ...........in my age group...........trying to be a master gardener........on week-ends...........All I'll say .......is...........Wear your protective mask...........pace yourself...........or you ........will............feel ....... and..........or experience..............my ............pain!




No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd like to hear your thoughts............